Attaching videos to your songs
If you have videos containing scrolling lyrics, special effects or any other content, you can copy those videos into Set List Maker (iOS) or onto your device (Android) and then attach them to the song records. Videos are treated like documents in Set List Maker, so you can read the Attaching Documents tutorial and use the same methods to add them to the app and attach them to your songs. Here are some additional notes about viewing videos in Set List Maker:
Note: Attaching videos requires an in-app purchase.
- Set List Maker on iOS can display .mov, .mp4, .m4v and .3gp videos. Set List Maker on Android can display .mp4, .m4v and .3gp videos.
- When viewing a video, you can toggle the toolbar display by tapping the center of the video.
- When viewing a video, you can toggle full-screen display by double-tapping the center of the video, tapping the document tools button and then the Toggle Full Screen option, or tapping the full-screen button in the video toolbar.
- When a video finishes playing, it will trigger any Song Completion layout actions you have set up on the layout's Edit Details page.
- If you are using an external display with your mobile device, that display will mirror your entire screen by default. Alternatively, you can set Settings > General Settings > External Display to Document, and then the external display will only show the video when you view it from within a show. Your show layout does not need to include a document viewer to use this feature, so you could view a list-only layout or other information on your device display and a document on your external display. Or if you can show lyrics on your mobile device and the video on the external display if you position the video after the lyrics in the song's Documents list, and set General Settings > External Display to Doc +1.
- If you export your database to another device, Set List Maker will copy the file name (iOS) or file path (Android) for each attached video. If you install the video in the same location on the other device, the document icon will appear for display on that device. If the document icon does not appear after importing, please be sure that the video is available on the other device with exactly the same name. On Android, only the part of the file path after the Settings > General Settings > Default > Document Directory needs to match. (If you switch to BandHelper, it will copy your video files to all the devices in your band.)
- To rename a video copied into the iOS app, tap the Documents menu item in your database, then tap the video name, then enter a new name. All the songs to which this video is attached will be updated with the new name.
- To delete a video copied into the iOS app, tap the Documents menu item in your database, then tap the video name, then tap the Delete button. Videos are shared across databases, so this will delete the video from all your databases and detach it from all the songs to which it is attached. Before deleting, you can review the list of songs below the edit fields that shows all the songs to which the video is attached.
- Videos that are not attached to any songs in your current database will appear in a faded style in the Documents menu. However, these video might still be attached to songs in other databases.
- Set List Maker cannot display videos from links; you need to add the video file to the app.